So you want to know more about Donna the Destroyer? Well, I’m here to tell you all about me.
- I’m a nerd, geek, and all around dork. I actually test computer software for a living and love figuring out how I broke it.
- I LOVE the Doctor Who reboot – ALL the doctors.
- I ADORE powerlifting – it’s what I was born to do (who knew a band geek would enjoy this so much?).
- I HATE sweating – working out causes so many mixed emotions in me…
- I started Powerlifting at age 42 and I currently hold FOUR Minnesota State Records for the Women’s Masters 1A Super Heavyweight division.
- If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Paris, France. J’adore Paris.
- I ❤ dogs and all dogs will forever be puppies in my heart, no matter their age.
- My favorite book is Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women.
- I once had to ban myself from reading “dead” authors in order to enjoy the plethora of living authors (but it’s so hard NOT to read Jane Austin and Edgar Allen Poe…).
- I somehow found myself on a journey of self-discovery and I’m LOVING it.
I am currently embarking on a journey to the 2016 Raw Nationals for Powerlifting. As a Masters competitor I just need to have a TOTAL for a 2016 meet and I’m good to go. This blog is being started to chronicle that journey and show women everywhere (and men, if they decide to read it) what it is like to go from “normal” person to “athlete” and see if I change throughout the journey.